On Friday, March 9th members of the community celebrated International Women’s Day at Slater Mill. Chief Tina Goncalves, Pawtucket’s first female police chief, was the guest of honor. A Shea High School senior, Tatiana Vaz, provided the keynote address and spoke regarding the Chief's accomplishments. Prior to the event, Tatiana met with and interviewed the Chief.
• A month-long Arts and Culture Commission display at City Hall featuring student’s art
• Pawtucket Public Schools is holding an essay contest for 5th and 8thgrade students.
• Seamless Work, a manufacturing video exhibition, is open at Slater Mill Wednesday –Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. through March 21st.
• Crash Pawtucket at Thai Basil Restaurant on March 12th from 5:30 –7:30 p.m.
• Get Healthy with Central Nutrition (726 Central Avenue) on March 26th at 6:00 p.m. Free shake samples will be provided.
• The Empowerment Factory is hosting a children’s workshop on social and emotional learning for parents on March 27th from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
• Pawtucket Public Library is hosting its Storied Lives Book Club on March 28th at 7:00 p.m. The book club is reading Lousie Erdrich's LaRose.
• A Labor History Tour and Feminist Poet Performance at Slater Mill on Thursday, March 29th at 7:00 p.m.
• Shri Yoga Studio will provide a free yoga class throughout the month of March for residents of Pawtucket and Central Falls at the Pawtucket Armory. Free classes will be held Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays at 9:30 a.m.
• Free Museum Day at Slater Mill, March 31st from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Mayor Donald R. Grebien